The Norwegian Securities Dealers Association is a national trade organisation for investment firms.
The Association’s vision is for investment firms to be profitable enterprises that have competitive framework conditions and carry out their activities in a way that imbues respect and trust among clients and the authorities. In addition, investment firms are to be attractive workplaces for highly qualified persons.
The Association’s most important tasks include:
- giving its members advice, information and other assistance in connection with their activities
- preparing binding industry standards, guiding industry recommendations and standardised contracts and commercial terms, etc.
- preparing appeals that are submitted to the Ethics Council for its decision
- holding courses and examinations in connection with the Association’s authorisation scheme for employees of member firms
- preparing statistics and obtaining the necessary information on the industry and members for this purpose.